10 Tips for
Women to Enhance their Credibility as
source: Training & Development, March
1998 pp. 8
- Add coaching skills to your repertoire.
- Give critical, as well as positive, feedback.
- When coaching men, give the critical feedback first.
- Take a stand.
- Communicate ideas in a concise, focused manner.
- Lighten up occasionally.
- Reduce visual distraction and err on the side of conservative. (As
Sigourney Weave said to Melanie Griffith in Working Girl: "Id rethink the
- Make a lot of eye contact.
- Think and talk about the future.
- Dont let who you have been interfere with what you can be.
Back to the top